What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall
What a great question! Secondly, thanks to all that responded. My story started in a house with two older brothers and we all collected and listened to music and enjoyed it tremendously.    I worked in a local marina, refinishing and equipment operator for 10 years. Moved on to plumbing, residential new construction and service for twenty years. Currently employed in local hospital as Union maintenance/ engineer, which I started just before Covid hit. I have one son in college and and another in his senior year in high school. Been married for 23 years to an understanding wife who puts up with my hobbys.   I got back into quality sound with car audio back in the late 90’s. I’m now enjoying a small dedicated room with a humble system which includes an Oppo 105, Rogue Herra, Sherbourn pt-7030,Emotiva xpa5 and my Totem Forrests, Model 1 center and Lynx surrounds. Second system is a Rogue Sphynx with B&W CDM7NT and the turntable from my teenage years, Onkyo Integra.Almost all equipment was financed by side jobs or upgrading existing equipment.
  Its been an enjoyable journey and have met wonderful likeminded people who share the passion of quality music. After all, its always been about the music. Thanks again and be well.
Neuroscientist.  Have studied visual, auditory and infrared systems at the cellular, subcellular, and genetic/molecular levels.  Most recent concentration on neuroimaging (mostly functional magnetic resonance imaging - fMRI) the developing human brain and the effects of extrinsic influences on structural and functional development.  First slaked my interest in audiophilia with Dynaco/AR system.  Magnepan devotee beginning in the late '70's,  Turntable lover, in part because it panders to the satisfaction I get out of tinkering/tailoring the sound to my tastes.  Frequently concertgoer (mostly classical/jazz).  Or I was up until this pandemic hit.
Picked strawberries for 25 cents a basket at thirteen,  picked tobacco (good money) at age fifteen After High school worked at a steel mill for six years, went out west and worked at a sawmill on Vancouver Island for two years and still have all my fingers and hearing! Went back to collage and got a degree in mechanical engineering.  Was never out of work up to my retirement at age 52
My wife and I flipped ten homes over the years
when most didn't know what flipping homes was
Always liked good music. Early 80's got a used Marantz 2265B and Teac cassett player Cerwin Vega speakers. Did the Yamaha/Paradgim thing
But in the mid nineties l decided to step it up a bit and not really knowing what i was doing,  I bough a VAC PA 80 80 amp and ARC LS15 pre amp that I still use to this day. My current speakers are Magnepans and my source is the Oppo BD 105 with the Exogal Comet DAC and Audiolab 6000n
streamer. Not top tier, but sure puts a smile on my face. And besides I have a Porsche 944 track car( money pit) so I can't spend crazy money on my stereo rig without a divorce involved !