Are cables really worth their high price because of their geometry?

They’re some pricey cables that have claim to fame because of the high tech geometry used in their cables.
Many of these cables have patents on specific geometry patterns used in their cables and use this as a reason their cables sound so good. For that reason, many say the reason their cables cost so much is they’re so complex . The man hours to make a pr results in their high price. That maybe true for some cables, but I’ve seen very pricey cables using the same geometry reason that look like a thin piece of wire rapped in outer jacket no thicker than a pencil. So,Is all this geometry just another way to justify their cost or is it true science that we are paying in the end?
hiendmmoe
Breaking news to you @scott22: people who buy expensive cables do so with after tax money. Meaning the government wants their share first, and you get to spend what’s left after from your gross income after taxes withheld either through payroll or quarterly estimated payments, or at annual tax time. Just a small clarification in case you don’t pay income tax perhaps because of lack of income. 

Also, statistically, people with high income give more to charity than people with low income. Look it up
I don‘t know whether it’s their geometry, and I don‘t care, but getting a full set of Cardas Gold Reference interconnects at knockdown prices from Parts Connexion was probably one of the best audio investments I have ever made.
A huge upgrade from Blue Jeans, and have revealed every upgrade I have made in spades. They appear very clear in comparison and do not seem to impose to impose any signature of their own which masks changes I make.
It was easy to get a handle on the Blue Jean‘s sonic signature. Not these. Worth every penny and more.
^^^ I am glad you were able to get a huge improvement over the Blue Jeans.  I used to have Blue Jeans speaker cables and interconnects but it was easily bested by a set of QED cables that didn't cost that much more than Blue Jeans.
My experience is that the tech is not all mumbo jumbo.  That said, in my new system I shopped for cables last and found that the prices in many cases were out of sight.  I found that the cost of new cables even in the middle of most manufacturers product lines were too high as a percent of the total system price, even when discarding the old adage of percentage allocations to different parts of a system which I realize no longer holds true.  That led me to believe that cables have become a good way for dealers to maintain their overall margins, particularly when putting together a system price.  Brick and mortar retailers have high overhead, so that's just the way the economics work.  You can see this same principle at play if you purchase "regular" av cables at Best Buy vs., say Monoprice.  My solution was to shoot for established manufacturers with a good quality "story" and reputation and then find open box or used, which I did.  I feel I got good value that way.