What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall
I left school in 1964. Began an apprenticeship in Bricklaying and Stonework and Tiling. Shortly after my  apprenticeship finished I began working self employed. Worked at it and loved it for 53 years.
But a long time back I learnt the truism of what my old mother would say "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves"
So true. Unless you apply this, a person will spend what they earn (poor or rich) on unneeded stuff.
  SO, now well retired I have two freehold houses and can upgrade cartridges, turntables and so on as I please.
Electricity and natural gas brokerage and procurement consulting for commercial, industrial, educational, health care, and municipal customers in deregulated states of Texas, Illinois, Pa, NY, NJ, Ohio, etc. System has gone in value from over 40 years from about 5K to 50K.

Erik_squires: 
I enjoyed your quote, “I bring madness to the chaos.”

I am not one to fiddle with anagrams, but upon reading your post, the following immediately leapt out out me as a summation of your chosen vocation. I see it as a portent.
”Messdachanos”. My gift to you in these trying times.
RVW
I’m the former principal clarinetist with the Dallas Symphony and presently the principal clarinetist with the Austin Symphony.