Looking for tonearm inspiration

I just bought a used SME 20/12 turntable that is about 15 years old.  I also had a used 

Dynavector DRT XV-1s rebuilt/are tipped.  Odd as it may seem, there was no tonearm with the turntable.  I have yet to identify what the phono stage, but listening so far suggest a Sutherland Loco (still open to alternatives).  There must be many out there that have had experience with the SME 20/12 turntable and perhaps a few that have had experience with the SME/Dynavector combination.  Can you suggest a tonearm that had some magic for you with either bit of gear?  Wide range of music: Rock, Jazz, Female Vocal and a bit of Opera from time to time.

chilli42
My inspiration is Japanese tonearms from the 70’s / 80’s

Denon DA-401
Victor UA-7045 / UA-7082
Fidelity-Research FR-64fx
Fidelity-Research FR-64s
Lustre GST-801
Technics EPA-100
Technics EPA-100 mkII
IKEDA IT-345
SONY PUA-7

Some of them are relatively cheap, some are very expensive. But all of them are very good and easy to use.

Denon DA-301 (a better choice for mc cartridges than the DA-401).                       Fidelity Research FR29 and FR54 (great for mc cartridges). I have all these in my collection of tonearms.
Denon DA-301 (a better choice for mc cartridges than the DA-401).

DA-301 is easy to find while the DA-401 is very rare.

You’re right, the DA-401 is ideal for mid or high compliance MM/MI, some MC cartridges also can be used as you can see on this Denon flyer. This is the arm with special headshell made by Denon (conventional headshells are not compatible).

I’m currently using my DA-401 with Joseph Grado XTZ (MI) cartridge.

You collect tonearms?  And you swap them out to play?  Just curious.

Not sure if you asked me, but when I bought modern high end tonearm (Reed 3p "12 inch) I start searching for vintage classics (tonearms and cartridges). Since tonearm/cartridge combination is critical I was looking for turntable that can give me the an opportunity to swap tonearms. Ended up with two Luxman PD-444 (4 tonearms in use, very easy to adjust, swap ... whatever... with 3-4 different type of metal arm bases provided by Luxman for this turntable).