If you had to pick a laptop or mini-PC, which one?

I've been using an old Lenovo laptop as my server/streamer and continue to have issues getting it to work correctly.  So, I'm thinking of replacing it with something more updated.  

Considering another laptop or a min-PC.  Any opinions on good ones to look at?  I don't really care about the cost because I doubt it could be more than some of the music server/streamers that are out now.  

soundchasr
@gdnrbob -
>I'll try changing the USB cable. 
>No problems with optical but optical isn't coming from the laptop. No optical out to test on the laptop.
>Don't think it's a router issue because it happens when I play local files.  

I'm going to try going back to Windows 8.1.  This is an old computer and it might be having issues with Win10 (I hope that's it!).

@lalitk 
- I had the Node 2i.  Liked it but I like being able to play just about any service and Deezer functionality was limited on the Node 2i (no thumbs up/down).
- Just about every streamer I look at is missing something I want (like a service, Deezer especially).

@erik_squires - I like the idea of a Linux system but I'm not a fan of Roon.  If it could play all of the other services including Audirvana and Deezer, I'd be on board for that. 
For the money and hardware flexibility Roon is hard to beet.

Still, a single board computer (SBC) is what I would do if I didn’t want to pay full price for a "high end" streamer.

Whichever direction  you go, I suggest a small appliacne with iPhone/Android control is the way to go.