If you had to pick a laptop or mini-PC, which one?

I've been using an old Lenovo laptop as my server/streamer and continue to have issues getting it to work correctly.  So, I'm thinking of replacing it with something more updated.  

Considering another laptop or a min-PC.  Any opinions on good ones to look at?  I don't really care about the cost because I doubt it could be more than some of the music server/streamers that are out now.  

soundchasr
I posted on your other thread, but I think you are going about this the wrong way.
You are having strange drop outs? Right.
Have you tried to use the optical output on the Ayre Codex?
You might just have a wonky cable.
Sure your old Lenovo might be the cause, but, in my experience, if you have freshly reinstalled Windows and the problem still occurs, then there must be something amiss.
I use Win 10 to stream Qobuz and Spotify with an Ayre Codex, as well.
I haven't had the issues you have described (thankfully).
Have you tried rebooting your router?
Sometimes it is the silliest thing that causes all the problems.
B
You didn’t say what kind of issues with your laptop. I am just wondering why not pursue a dedicated audio server / streamer? I am assuming you already own a decent DAC?

Bluesound Node 2i should sound equally good if not better than a laptop as long as it’s connected to a decent DAC.
@gdnrbob -
>I'll try changing the USB cable. 
>No problems with optical but optical isn't coming from the laptop. No optical out to test on the laptop.
>Don't think it's a router issue because it happens when I play local files.  

I'm going to try going back to Windows 8.1.  This is an old computer and it might be having issues with Win10 (I hope that's it!).

@lalitk 
- I had the Node 2i.  Liked it but I like being able to play just about any service and Deezer functionality was limited on the Node 2i (no thumbs up/down).
- Just about every streamer I look at is missing something I want (like a service, Deezer especially).