Sound drops out for split second every few minutes.....

Playing music from my laptop to an Ayre Codex via USB then my amp.  Source is Deezer or Tidal.  Connection is ethernet, not Wifi.   I seem to be getting sound drop outs every few minutes.  Can't figure it out.  

Anyone ever encounter anything like this?

Thanks.
soundchasr
I’ve got the bare minimum installed presently and I’ve done a number of the optimizations (after djones51 suggestions) and it’s still occurring. I’m beginning to suspect the unpowered USB hub that I have attached. Disconnecting and we’ll see.

EDIT:  Well, that wasn't it.   UGH. 
It's likely that the Windows 10 OS is causing the drop out.
Try a restart rather than Reinstall.
It happened on my PC and a restart did help.
With two Desktop PCs running Windows 10 the Media Player will not function properly on the older PC.
The Update to the New Edge Browser seems to have brought the OS back around again.
I found a program called LatencyMon.  Here's what it had to say:

CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:01:29 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.