DAC choices -- help me cross the line

My current DAC is Cambridge Audio Azur 851D driving the two channel speaker system in the study. My headphone system consists of a Bluesound Node 2i feeding into a Quicksilver headphone amp. The plan is to put the CA DAC in the headphone chain and sell the Node, so this means I have to purchase a new DAC for the 2 channel system in the study. Here's what the 2 channel system looks like ...
opticalRendu >> CA Azur 851D (to be replaced) >> Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum 2 >> Harbeth P3esr

So what am I looking for? Heft, holographic, a bit of warmth, big organic sound, tonal richness. I don't mind sacrificing a bit of neutrality or accuracy. I listen to all kinds of music but am partial to jazz, vocals, classic rock. 

I almost pulled the trigger on a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ but wanted to take the R2R DACs for a spin just for kicks. I was initially interested in the MHDT Pagoda or Orchid, but their no-return policy is a no go for me. I know some people don't mind, but I really don't want to give my business to a company who doesn't trust its own products.

So this leads me to three final contenders -- AudioMirror Tubadour iii SE, Tubadour iii (regular/non-SE) and the Border Patrol DAC. Really interested in hearing from someone who might have heard at least one of the two, or better yet compared the Audiomirror to one of the MHDT DACs.

Now Audiomirror offers two versions of the Tubadour III -- SE and non-SE, with the SE being a $1000 costlier. Wondering if the sonic improvements are worth the higher $$$ in the SE version. Would love to hear from someone who has had a chance to compare the two.

Also wondering how the Tubadour III regular version compares to MHDT Pagoda. Both are around the same price.

Note: If are going to suggest another DAC, I don't mind. But please make sure it's R2R, < $2500 (used or new), has a return policy, and NOT made in China.

128x128arafiq
Thanks for the advice. I know I can always count on the members here to hep me make the right decision. I feel that both AudioMirror and Border Patrol are excellent DACs in their own right, as is obvious from the posts.

@pastorbob thanks for your feedback about the regular Tubadour. I'm really hoping that someone will chime in and tell me whether spending an additional $1000 on the SE version is worth it. I will really appreciate it if you can compare it to the RME since you've had both. In what ways do you think the AM is better than RME?

I've also added Yggdasil to my short list. Since it's been around for sometime, I hope it's easier to find a used unit. 

I had not heard about the Metrum Onyx. Thanks for the suggestion, will definitely check it out. All great suggestions!

@chilli42 and @veerossi: I haven't completely written off the Brooklyn DAC+. I'm sure it's a great DAC but I just have to scratch that R2R itch. Maybe I'll buy the Brooklyn after I've gotten R2R out of my system, who knows!

BTW, although not an R2R DAC, but I've heard that Chord Qutest does sound very analog like in the right system. Any opinions?

Maybe I'll buy the Brooklyn after I've gotten R2R out of my system, who knows!
Never, once bitten by a good R2R dac your hooked for good, they just sound more real.

Cheers George
If you are interested in the Yggdrasil Take a look at their Gungnir Multibit. It is said to have a more "laid back" or mellow presentation. I have the Gungnir and love it

Post removed 
The Sonnet Morpheus sounds like it checks all your boxes.
Sonnet is Cees Reutenburg’s new company. You may have heard of his last company Metrum Acoustics.
The Morpheus is the next inline where the Metrum Adagio left off without the expensive case. Hence the retail price of $3200
BTW I used to own the Azur 851 and all the things you described is what the Morpheus does differently from the 851.