... abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound...

Hello to all...

I was shifting around components in my system, trying to squeeze out better controlled bass, more definition within the soundstage, and better define the "voice/midrange" presentation...

I presently have a tube preamp (hardwired with a wall wart) into an HT Receiver; source is a Marantz SA-8001 CD Player

Swapped out a Yamaha HTR -5550 (hardwired) for a Parasound HCA-750A (which needs a power cord).

CD Player is powered with a PS Audio Statement SC power cord, so I went in my closet and pulled out another PS AUDIO Statement SC power cord, hooked it up and expect to give it at least 5 days continuous re-break-in before serious listening.

Took a minute to lookup reviews about this power cord - and I read some rather confusing reviews: some luved 'um, some liked 'um, but some thought them " ...slow... " (?), and giving a veiled presentation...

I'm gonna listen and decide myself - but I'm abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound - I know that interconnects and speaker cables would/could/Do affect sound presentation - but how could a power cord?

Explanation/thoughts please...
insearchofprat
from Caelin Gabriel of Shunyata Research:

https://www.gcaudio.com/tips-tricks/why-power-cables-make-a-difference/

Hopefully attention span of some here is bigger than a tweet (or audio forum message)
Hi,
first 6ft or so are very important (measuring from component to oulet). If you want to continue up to circuit breaker even better, and so on. But starting point is not outside the house.
Yes! Spot on @petg60! Power cord is not the last 6 feet. It’s the first six feet. Think of it as an extension of the component’s power supply.

There is no sense in talking about theories of operation if we can't agree that there is an audible effect.
You don't begin with the conclusion but a premise. This is circular reasoning or putting the cart before the horse. 

The power cord is not the last 6 feet, it is the first 6 feet from the perspective of the component. As stated in #1 the local current and electromagnetic effects directly affect the sonic performance of the component.”
This statement is idiotic the component has no "perspective" , it can't differentiate between a 6 foot cord or a 50 foot cord. Current isn't local it oscillates all the way back to the power station. This is another conclusion,  he hasn't proven it affects the sonic performance just states it as fact. 

NOT EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE COUNTED COUNTS, AND NOT EVERYTHING THAT COUNTS CAN BE COUNTED."
- ALBERT EINSTEIN.
Then end with a false attribution to a quote is sloppy research. 

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/26/everything-counts-einstein/
An interesting creature you are Dow Jones. You think you are smart don’t you? You might have a serious case of code I.D. Ten T problem 🤘