Stereophile complains it's readers are too informed.

erik_squires
By the way embedding the speakers is the more complex task ,even more complex than adressing the noise floor of the electrcal grid of the house, or the mechanical resonance of the audio parts...

why?

Because the speakers dont exist apart from the room, and apart from the ears....

Speakers+ room + ears = one not 3 elements...

It is also the more rewarding part in S.Q. results at the end....

If Toole were to test a group of fruit-eaters, durian would probably score very low--i.e. it would be rated as far away from the "standard" of good or acceptable flavor.

Yet a few people really enjoy it.

I get what Stereophile appears to be saying, but it does sound a bit desperate.  If a given speaker deviates significantly from a "classical standard", I want to know a bit more than just that the designer is an industry maverick.

@twoleftears bad example. Dr Tooles theory is wrong. The truth is that there are all kinds of speakers out there and theres no single design that is favored overwhelmingly.

Oh, sorry, my mistake.  Dr Floyd Toole, after years of experiments in anechoic chambers is clearly wrong, kenjit bicycle-enthusiast and perhaps of Bromley is clearly right.
@ cdamiller

The only convincing factor is what you hear..

Yes very true,, But the old stereo shops offering speakers X,Y,Z are now a thing of the past, 
We are left to hopev for honest opinions from Audiogonners and Sterophile to leda us in the right direction,,and not lead us astray,,,((tongeincheeck)))
I make uploads on YT, this way folks at least get a inkiling of how each of my components sound. 
Sure the micing is shabby (can 't afford a  high tech mic right now,,all my money has been blown in modifications)), YT sound compressed,,but you at least geta   hint of how my speakers sound. via my components.
There is no other YT vid showing the Seaws Thor.. So if someone has a interest in the Thors,,he can at least get a  hint of what to expect..
I have uploaded about 5 audiophile vids,,and plan to make  another 20+ more over the commming 12 months,,, as i document all my new upgrades, tweeks, mods.
While others disclaim that a  YT vid has any ligeit value as to determing how a  component/mod sounds,,I havea  ability to translate what i hear,,and get a  inkling of yea/nay vote on the component/mod.
Thing is one needs experience, long term and a  instinct at determing what one is hearing viaYT upload format...