Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan
The only machine listed that I have actually heard using phones is the Naim CDS3, coupled with Stax Omega II phones (a combination I own). This can be a quite analytical and dry sounding combination with some recordings. I think a lot of other players would also be brutally exposed by phones like the Stax.

The best I heard my phones sound was with audionote DACs (DAC 5 signature and DAC 4). The Audionote stuff is absolutely grainless, natural and harmonically rich and colorful. It is quite different from the more present Naim gear; my guess is that is an advantage with phone listening.

My guess is that the Linn would sound good too, because it is very smooth and relaxed sounding. I would also bet that the DV-50 would be to your liking as well. It has bass/mid-bass that is a touch warm, and, it too, is quite relaxed in its presentation.

My bet is that the detailed and analytical quality of the EMM Labs gear could be a bit much with some phones, particularly Stax electrostatics.
I agree that there really is no "best" at this level. I've heard most of the players on your list, and I chose the EMM Labs DCC2/CDSD combo. (The DAC6/CDSD would work equally well if you don't need a processor.) It's the most revealing, accurate, and musical digital front end I've ever heard, though some might prefer the Reimyo's softer presentation. Try to audition as many as you can, and make up your own mind.
As you can see everyone agrees on the exact same CD player (sarcasm).

That's why a question like "what's the absolute best" really can't be answered since everyone has different preferences.
It would be good to hear about the differences between the EMM and Reimyo from folks that have listened to both in the same system.

Rich
SACD playback is still the best sound in digital. If you want the best of both worlds look for a Marantz SA-1 SACD/CD player. You will not be sorry. I had sold my $22K Wadia combo after hearing the Marantz SA-1.