Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan

Showing 10 responses by robm321

As you can see everyone agrees on the exact same CD player (sarcasm).

That's why a question like "what's the absolute best" really can't be answered since everyone has different preferences.
Calanctus,

You do realize there is almost no limit to how pricy these get, and pretty much every other audio component. As long as there are people that want to drop large sums of money, there will be companies that will make the product whether it's worth it or not.
This kind of post doesn't accomplish anything and shows up once a week. What's the best ________ under whatever. You'll get 100 different answers each time which won't really narrow it down for you to audition. I understand you are looking for people to list one CD player over and over so you can really find one that is the best, but that will never happen. So, you won't get the answer you're looking for.

People will tell you the best is whatever they purchased.
Actually, The "I say it the way it is" syndrome in phycology is nothing more than a dilusion of graduer. My Dad's been using it all his life to his own detriment. He's finally coming around.

I think only God can say "I say it the way it is". Since, you would have to be all knowing to really do that. Everything else is just an opinion from a limited perspective.

I'm just saying it the way it is Judy426 ;)
I just mentioned the $17k since the thread is CDP under $12k. I know I'm being anal, but I'm guessing $12k was NO1willfan's budget limit.
Gotcha. Wow tough decision. Reimyo would be a must audition then if you can. $12k is a lot to be dropping just based on our opinion. I guess if you buy used you could always sell it if you change your mind. I've never heard it, but everyone (indluding outside of audiogon) has great things to say about this player.
Connie,

I agree. Only God is all knowing or mother earth or whatever floats your boat, but people clearly have a limited point of view.

Cars and stereos are not apples to apples.

And opinions are like $%#@holes, everyones got one.
Why not just put a down payment on a house. Rent it out and as it gains equity buy a $50k CD player. Just a suggestion.