Putting weights on speakers?

IME, putting 20 lb ankle weights on my 150 lb speakers greatly tightened and improved the bass and sound overall. Only problem is that the wife hates it... 
mglik
@mglik - I am sorry I can't tell you what is used specifically.
But a tuned mass with vibration isolation as per the ETI AMG topper is better than simply plonking extra mass on the cabinet.

Of course, that is unless you're supremely lucky and you do actually find a weight changing the resonant frequencies to optimal ones (by pure good luck).

Of course, that is unless you're supremely lucky and you do actually find a weight changing the resonant frequencies to optimal ones (by pure good luck).
Adding 5 or 10 pounds at times incrementally  will gives you the best tuning frequencies with the load....
If you put some objects like 2-3 inches high on top of speakers that may defray the high frequencies and help clarity

best is to change the internal speaker wires and replace crappy capacitors to metalized polyproplene capacitors, you will get faster and cleaner sound with more solid highs and lows. replace the coils too if you dare.
you should place weight on all equipment. one reason the VPI Brick was made