Klipsch Heresy iv...Your experience.

Hi all. New here this is my first post. I am mulling over very seriously the Heresy iv's. I have heard some very good things about them. I would like to get the advice on any of you here who own them as to what the listener experience is with these speakers. I really want to pull the trigger on these speakers but here in Canada with taxes in they are close to 5K. I want them to be my last set ever. Right now I have a set of Proac Studio 118s. They are real nice But the Klipsch are calling me bad. Lol. I have a Rega Apollo cd player and a Nad M3 amp along with Van Den Hul inter connects and speaker cables. I have heard that the Heresy's real make the music come to life with a terrific impact. Any input from Heresy iv owners would be greatly appreciated.
deaconblue64
The Heresy IIIs also have titanium tweeters (and mid horns) and I’ve never thought they were overly bright....simply revealing, and possibly not transistor amp friendly if that amp (or anything else in the rig) has harsh treble. I too am interested in hearing the IVs as the IIIs have been great in my system for the last few years, but not in a hurry as my current setup (with 2 subs that integrate perfectly) sounds amazingly good...the IVs would have to be a big improvement to justify dumping my IIIs. The good news about either speaker is the fact you can explore single ended tube amps with lower power not suited to less efficient speakers...I’ve had success with that, and likely won’t go back to a transistor amp.
I don't think I am going to go with a new amp. The Nad M3 is fantastic and very natural sounding. I will only go to a tube amp as a last resort as I don't want to spend anymore money on electronics.
You should be able to get these for around $2400 USA Dollars. Call up PARTSCONNEXTION (or something like that) in Canada...they advertise stuff for sale here on Audiogon and on Audio Mart Canada.  They will hook you up.
Haven't heard the III's but I can tell you the IV's were way, way, way more refined and "audiophile-like" than I anticipated. I was also expecting the highs to be a touch "unruly" and I can tell they are not.

In fact I will say that I was almost disappointed in how refined they were. I was expecting something with rough edges and some "f*ck you" to the sound. This is not the case. They are forward and engaging and warm. After that shock wore off I can say that I do love them. They do all music with vigor: RTJ, Napalm Death, Gene Ammons, Zep, Trepaneringsritualen, Merzbow, you name it.
I also was surprised when I first heard the IIIs...the detractors were all wrong as they're a very coherent and classy speaker. Nothing like 'em...small, tilted back, unobtrusive, and can light up my room driven only by 12wpc.