Which USB Re Clocker

I have been very happy with my Innuos Zenith Mk 2 for several years. The sound  is excellent and ripping is child's play. I have been interested in adding the Phoenix Re Clocker for a couple of years, but for various reasons, haven't been able to get a demo yet. One of the selling points of the Phoenix by Innuos, is that it can be used between any source and USB DAC.

Well it also means that any re clocker should work between an Innuos Server and DAC. The one drawback to me is that the Phoenix isn't cheap, at least as far as my budget in retirement is concerned. The Company claims that the Phoenix is more than a Re Clocker, with improved power supplies and other improvements. I don't suppose many of you guys have had the chance to compare the Phoenix with other units. Still any suggestions about other, cheaper Re Clocker units to consider? Particularly if you have had the chance to use it with an Innuos Server, but not much chance of that either. Still any advice is welcome, thanks.

david12
@electroslacker said:

So now Denafrips releases a series of Digital to Digital converters (Iris and Gaia) and Terminator owners claim they are getting significant improvements with the costlier model In the chain.
Where have you heard/read this? I haven't been able to find any first-hand comments on the Gaia. 

Thanks,
Jay
Robertdid your opinion is completely meaningless given the fact you have not taken the time to listen to a Phoenix or even bother to find out exactly what the Phoenix actually is.

And the rest of you guys with your petty complaints whom think they have some technical design prowess your looking pretty foolish right now .

If USB noise is the problem, perhaps the USB Disruptor or Core Power USBe-Perfect is all you need.

Here's a positive review of the latter.  Seemed expensive, but I see it's on sale.

https://www.audiopursuit.com/2020/05/core-power-technologies-av-usbe-perfect.html

Still think my naked laptop USB to Termy sounds amazing but interested in what others experience.
@in_shore, I have not jumped off a 10 story building yet either, but based on laws of physics, general knowledge of what the human body can withstand, and similar things happening to other people, I know with a great deal of certainty it will kill me.

Being very knowledgeable about electronics, DACs, and async USB DACs, I know, without a doubt, that the DAC will generate its own clock completely independent of the incoming data stream. That is how they work.  A simple reclocking of the USB not fix any issues with the output clock, but if you believe that is the case, a highly fixed clock that is not synchronous with the output clock is just as likely to create a larger fixed harmonic on the output as it is to fix anything. If the input clock is random, at least clock induced noise would be random, i.e. harder to hear, than a highly fixed/periodic one.

On the other hand EMI coupled via the ground connection and data connections, and the power connection if used in any way, can absolutely play havoc with the stable operation of that output clock if the DAC is not well designed and the ops DAC is not very high end. That noise could also couple into sensitive analog circuitry.

Last, I stated quite clearly, that sure, try it out. The power filtering could quite possibly improve the overall sound and the op may be happy with the result.  However, for that much money, it would make far more sense to invest in a significantly upgraded, new DAC with better isolation of the USB from sensitive circuitry.