Best DAC for around $2,500 or less

What are your opinions on the best DAC for under $2,500?  Looking at the Schiit Yggy or many of recommend Denafrips so looking at their Pontus.  Any thoughts on how these two compare?  It might be misguided by I tend to think your getting a little more for your money with a direct to consumer company like Schiit and I know they are highly regarded for their DACS.  Anything else to look at in this price range? 
mvrooman1526
Just picked up the RME ADI-2 da DAC and it is awesome.  

Replacing a NAD M51 and although the M51 sounds very good the RME has clarity and detail that the NAD just can not match.  

The feature set set is amazing,  little bit of a learning curve.  Anyone that thinks they can just use it out of the box is fooling themselves 

There is a lot to miss if you don’t read the entire manual.   That said once I dialed it in it sounded incredible with any and all material although not very forgiving of poor recordings.  Not to worry , between the 20 memory 5 band parametric EQ , tone control , and loudness you can get any sound desired 

well worth $1100. 
+ Audio Mirror.

Owned RME ADI-2
Owned Border Patrol
The AM bests them both for sheer musicality
The new Channel Island Audio Streamer/DAC clocks in at $2k. I bought one on a whim as there was an introductory special (that may still be going on, need to contact them to find out) that knocked $400 off the price and another $100 if you are an Audio Circle member. I won't say it's the best under $2500 but I was quite surprised at the performance of this DAC and will be keeping it in my system.
@pastorbob was your RME the earlier or current fs version? Just curious as I have the current model and find it very musical, but that being said I recently upgraded the power supply with a Teddy Pardo and now the RME really sings.

Any current RME owners should look into the Teddy. Don’t believe what RME says that changing the power supply will not make a difference. What has improved is lower tighter bottom end, more open and effortless top end with no edge. I don’t play loud but I have noticed on nasty or less quality recordings I can play louder with absolutely no fatigue. Lastly it now was PRaT. From Israel to the US in two weeks for $390... still well under $2,500 for both DAC and PS. Loving this combination.
Hi,
Mine was the original with 4490EQ chip.
Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed the RME and used it for almost 2 years.
It is a wonderful piece for the price. So is the Audio Mirror.
The RME dac is crystal clear & allows "peering into" the music due to the extreme detail.
Also sound could be tailored to some degree.

I did not use an outboard power supply.
From what I read the RME dac has a very sophisticated internal power supply.

I do understand that power supply quality & implementation is a large part of the SQ provided by any dac.
So, I take your point

In fact I did just upgrade the power supply on my Linear Tube MICROzotl amp and immediately noticed a sizable improvement to SQ.

My opinion is that the Toubador just sounds more like music to me.
Of course hat is only MY opinion.
Continue to enjoy the ADI 2dac!