Streamer Value Question Innous vs Bluesound

I am ready to try streaming again after my 1st failed effort.
I had owned the basic Roon streamer. 

I plan to use the Roon with Tidal service but not
the Roon hardware this time around.

I am now comparing the Innuos Zen Mini @ $1,250 v.s. the
Bluesound Vault 2i @ $1,295. 

The better Innuos is about $4,400.
If you add the reclocker and linear power supply to
 the Mini you are also getting closer to $4k.

Now here is my thought: Buy the Vault and plan to find
a DAC upgrade- currently I have an Oppo 205.
This will bring me the better SQ result overall I think.

What have others found?

chorus
I’ve been living with the Innuous Zen Mini (no LPS) for about the last month. I’ve performed pretty exhaustive shootouts between the Mini and the Node 2.

The presentations are different, but I wouldn’t say that one sounds better than the other. I actually prefer the presentation of the Node and will be sending the Innuos back.

I found the Innuous to sound a little clinical and sterile. The Node seemed to have more focus and separation around instruments and a better overall sound stage. With the tone controls completely disabled, the node also puts out more low end. Maybe that would be a drawback for some, but I like it.

So, I am returning the Innuous, and will probably redirect those funds toward upgrading my TT.

Cheers,
Joe

PS. This review was based on streaming Tidal Hifi. I don't really rip CD's.

Equipment used:
Node 2 - via coax
Innuous Zen Mini Mk III - via USB
Mytek Liberty
Belles Aria
Vandersteen 1ci
All Audioquest cables

Dealer. I don't want to out them in case this is something they did just for me.
Hi 
I have a BLUESOUND VAULT and I became curious about having an external DAC to improve sound quality. I am on a very low budget so I shopped used and purchased a MONARCHY DIGITAL INTERPHASE PROCESSOR and a BEL CANTO DAC2. I stream Amazon Music HD with those now thru to my MFA MAGUS A2 Tube Preamplifier to Meitner MTR101 monoblocks to two vintage BOZAK URBAN speakers. When I added the DIP and the DAC2 I very happy with what I am hearing. I invested only $350. and  I got a whole lot more value in sound quality over and above what was good to start with!