Review on Coda Technologies 16 Amplifier went live today

Just wanted to inform the individuals that have shown interest in reading the full review on Stereo Times website, not just the comments on the on-going thread about the 16 amplifier, that it was posted this morning.  It gets into the details why this is a spectacular piece regarding performance, build quality, and it's very reasonable price for what you get for your money.

teajay
Does anyone know if the coda 15.5 sounds similar to the 16? Or is the 16 and the 8 represent a totally new design and sound character?

From the "other" selling site...

The differences between the new Coda No. 16 and 15.5 amps are twofold, the use of low noise input transistors and somewhat higher power supply capacitance. The 15.5 has 200,000 versus 280,000 microfarads in the No. 16.

Coda has been rolling out the new FET input stage for a while now, so some 15.5 amps will have the exact same amplifier channels as the 16.0. Other differences include the increased power supply capacitance in the 16.0 mentioned above (which may or may not result in audible differences) and the meters option for the front faceplate of the 16.0.
@rlovendale when you say new input stage are you talking about the low noise input transistors ?

I wonder would a stock 15.5 have many upgrades over a number 8? I mean I know its a very different amp with more capacitance, more current?

Used 15.5's go for around $5000 usd so a used 15.5 might be a good option over a new no 8.