What's the "worst" cdp for the money?

OK, we've seen much input on the best cdp for the money. Now how about we collect opinions on the worst value cdp's out there? You know, like a $3000 player that sounds like a $300 player.
rooski
>>" the difference between a $500 cd player and a $5000 cd player is not very big"<<

Totally disagree. There's a huge difference if your other components are up to the challenge.
Ditto on that one, Wc65mustang (and Quackfat). Our entry into this foray was via an $800 CDP. Our current source runs just over $5K, and it's hard to fathom that they are of the same format. There is a sonic chasm between the two.
Remember when Nakamichi was considered high end equipment? Years ago I had a NAD cd player that had recurring problems with the drawer. Later, I bought a Nakamichi MB-2, which, out of necessity had to be swapped for an MB-2S multiplayer. It seems the designers thought they had to re-engineer the mechanism for switching discs. It's a 7 disc "stacking" player. Has (for lack of better description) a little elevator which rises or falls to the appropriate level for that disc to play. They call it a "7 disc Musicbank System."
On the original MB-2 player it was very glitchy and potential for big problems loading and unloading the machine. If a disc is not centered properly when the tray closes, the disc can get caught internally into a spot in the elevator where it's not supposed to go.
Basically jams the entire thing, cd player becomes useless unless serviced.
In their brilliance to correct the situation, Nakamichi, in stead of redesigning the unit, came out with a tweaked version, MB-2S. "S" stands for "shaker", which means the tray motor does not simply retract the tray, but instead begins retracting, then swiftly extends outward again and finally retracts. It "shakes" the cd in an effort to seat it so that it doesn't get jammed up in the "elevator".
Quite simply one of the most phenomenal pieces of idiotic audio engineering I have ever seen. It was, to me, an expensive piece, having bought it new about 13 years ago for about $600. At the time I was easily impressed with "different" audio components and when the audio salesman indicated the MB-2S was the new and improved version to correct the loading problem, I accepted it rather than seeing it as a reason to reject the component. Being exceptionally cautious in using it, I have had little complaint. The sound is fine, and it's been fun to watch people's faces when they see the wacky movement of the tray and their surprise when I keep sticking discs into what looks like a single cd player.
Makamichi was king of tape decks. Never should've messed with cd.
Douglas,

I totally agree on your assessment of Nakamichi. I still own several of their tape decks including a 680ZX and 2 550s (one for parts). They were well ahead of their time in analog sound reproduction. I never owned one of their CDPs as I thought going digital was a sell out on their part. From a business perspective I understand Nakamichi's view, but if you're going to make the jump to digital at least do it right.
Boa2/Quackfat/Wc65mustang

I never said that there is no difference between a $500 and a $5000 cd player. Please read my post carefully before making assumtions.

Thank you :)