What's the "worst" cdp for the money?

OK, we've seen much input on the best cdp for the money. Now how about we collect opinions on the worst value cdp's out there? You know, like a $3000 player that sounds like a $300 player.
rooski
Everyone is entitled to their opinion Quackfat,it's just my opinion that these two machines are'nt close in any catagory in stock form.Sound,build quality,transport and modification potential all go to the 777ES,IMO.This is all in stock form as I have not heard a super modified 2900 yet,but I am anxious to.I have heard a modified 777ES and it destroys it's stock counterpart.That being said,I have heard nothing but good things about the modified 2900 sound,so maybe I'll try talking my buddy into investing some money in his machine.Enjoy your player,Gary.
"Sound,build quality,transport and modification potential all go to the 777ES,IMO."

please don't take this the wrong way, but i'll put the sonic proformance of my 2900 up against any scd777es, stock or modified. the old sony is simply out of its league here.
Quackfat,I'm talking stock player here.You had to spend $4500 to "redesign completely" a player that was so much better than a 777ES(50# Boombox).It does'nt matter what your player sounds like now,because that money could have been spent modifying any player and it would all come down to someones preferences.My original comment went back to the stock players,and yes,the 2900 is far inferior to the old Sony still for sound,build quality,or the transport alone.My friend owns a 2900 and it is a good DVD player,but has a distinct disadvantage being that it is a DVD player and corners must be cut in the sound department.I'm sure your $4500 "completely redesigned"DVD player sounds better than an un-modified 777es,but the same money can be spent upgrading this player and it would come down to personal taste for most.We don't need to serve and volley here,my comments were only in regards to stock players and your original comments.Gary.
TFKaudio, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, there are PLENTY of older units that can still blow away todays units.