Putting weights on speakers?

IME, putting 20 lb ankle weights on my 150 lb speakers greatly tightened and improved the bass and sound overall. Only problem is that the wife hates it... 
mglik
I have to say I'm surprised that helps at all.  Those cabinets being that heavy and the woofer being low to the ground (relatively) I would not think that was an issue.  I'm curious, when they play, can you feel vibration from the top of the woofer cabinet, or the top of the mid/tweeter frame, without the weight?
I use the same tweeters by the way, and those are phenomenal. :)  It's interesting the woofer is crossed as high as it is.  1 kHz... Hmmmmmmm...
mahgister, what happen's in the audio room stay's in the audio room. I imagine this is the look your wife give's when you explain your tweeks. 🙄
basically you added mass and therefore reduced the natural frequency of the enclosures. 
is there a limit to heading in this direction where the sound becomes something we do not car for?  
example- Magico aluminum enclosure speakers and subwoofers.  
somehow the bass response of these speakers was foreign and disorganized.  the midrange and treble were phenomenal but the bass was horrible.  i suspect that the enclosure was too rigid and actually causing the drivers to resonate.  just a guess.

if we made enclosures from concrete, would the same thing happen?  

i believe we are used to a certain amount of cabinet resonance and like what it does for the sound.