Seeking advice on Speakers that create an intimate 2 channel listening experience

So the past month I started a couple of threads on speaker choice on AVS forum (One asked for Powered/Active floor standing Speaker choices and another one around non-active FS speakers for a tube amp I was looking at).

But I've come to realize this was the wrong tact, got lots of flack much deserved and wanted to try to solicit the advice/opinions on this forum which I just discovered.

Short background...Hunkered down in a suburb just outside NYC now for the past 3-4 months, I started to get the itch for a dedicated 2 channel stereo Turntable setup in our living room in May. After much research and twists and turns and immediate upgraditis, as some know on here from other posts, I've finally settled in and now own a Rega Planar 10 Turntable. I also own a Sutherland phono --20/20 with LPS and that's staying. Right now the phono preamp is hooked up direct to a pair of ELAC ARF51 floorstanding speakers (all drivers powered by built in AB amps) which I like a lot BUT ITS HERE THAT I WANT MORE. Btw, I love the ELAC design of mounting the tweeter concentric in the mid driver -- makes sense to me.  I kinda wish ELAC would take the same design and make a reference speaker but thats for another day.

So to swap out the ELACs, I will obviously need an amp, but I will figure that out later and want to focus on getting the right speakers for me for what I want. So what do I want?

1. Floorstanders. Close to full range as possible. No subs.
2. Looks count since in my main living room.
3. Speakers that prioritize Imaging Imaging Imaging. That disappear in the room creating an intimate but 3D listening experience. Clean (Accurate) warm sound. No distortion. I would easily sacrifice low end for untiring highs and warm mids I don't listen to metal or hiphop anymore so I don't need loudness, more like lounge experience if that makes sense. Apologize if I got the adjectives wrong but its personal description of what I'm seeking.
4. Price Point - -$10k-25k. Room is 22x18 with 25 foot ceiling

I would like to audition/demo before I buy and since I live in the Tri-State area it should be possible. But I'm finding that obviously difficult to do right now. I listened to a pair of Salk speakers but didn't love them. And have an appt with the Audio Doctor in NJ in two weeks.

Thanks in advance.
aj523
Post removed 
Two options:  
 while you are at Singer, listen to the Raidho C2.2 and/or C3.2s.  He used to have almost the entire line there. 
Raidho’s deliver incredible imaging and three dimensional soundstage.  I am a Raidho dealer in Jersey City but am new and don’t have demos.  

Another interesting speaker is the Avantgarde Zero TA XD and the Zero 1 XD.  The TA is passive and pairs beautifully with Tube SET amplifiers.  The Zero 1 XD is fully powered.  There is no NYC dealer but I am considering bringing in a pair largely because I am the importer of a SET line that is brilliant with Avantgardes.  
Please let me know if either line intrigues you.  You can view details of the Raidho line including list prices at my site - artaudio.us.  PM me if you have any questions about pricing, etc...
Not floor standing speakers. But if you heard these under optimal conditions it may not matter. Spica TC-50 or TC-60 
I have an appt in two weeks to listen to the Spendor D9.2 at Sound by Singer in Manhattan. They are still closed for demos.  
As twoleftears mentioned, the D series Spendors are not the same as the SP100 line. The D7 is prety bright and unforgiving. I've not heard the D9 but exercise caution on these.
@twoleftears Thank you. I will ask the dealer (SBS) about the Spendor Classic line.

@joey54  Thx - you are 3rd person to mention that audio shop.  They are only 40 minutes from me so I will email them about the Vandersteens.

@geoffkait Hi thanks for the reply but where did I mention wide soundstage and lots of air. I dont even know what lots of air means.  Ive never heard a wide soundstage in a lounge, have you??  Oh and do you have any recommendations? 

@fsonicsmith  What points to sterile and analytical?  Was it imaging x3? Where speakers disappear -- is that analytical?  I said I wasnt looking for fatiguing treble energy -- you've confused me because I've been told the exact opposite by most others that fatiguing treble energy is analytical and sterile.  And when you ask if I'm sincere, do you really mean I just don't know what I'm talking about or I'm not telling the truth?   Anyway, that being said, any recommendations? 

@steakster Thank you!  I started to do searches but its a bit overwhelming for me and opinions and recommendations change all the time.  But yes my current speakers image really well - blows me away; just looking for that and more.  Do you have any recommendations for imaging, tone and coherency?

@verdantaudio  Thx. I thought Raidho caters to the uber wealthy with $250,000 speakers?  I'll check out Avantgarde.

@marqmike Thx. I will check them out but my fiancee hates stands in her living room but she is amicable to large piano black towers, lol

@noromance Thx again!  Hows the 200 line?  Taking notes....