Jelco VTA on the fly

I have received the Jelco VTA adjustment base and installed it.  Went through setup again. Has anyone else installed this?  The adjustment cog sticks on mine, what are your experiences with it, have had any problems. 

Thanks 
Mike 
zardozmike
Hi @bpoletti Good feedback. I gotta say, I'd want to tweak VTA a lot more than every 6 months. If it was super smooth like it looks in their demo, I'd do it with every record!
@noromance 

I would probably adjust my VTA a little more often, but I typically don't start listening until well-into or after my first glass of wine.  That impairs my short-term memory and changes my sensitivity to high frequency.  It may also impair my short term memory and change my sensitivity to high frequency (I'm past my first glass of wine.   ;-)  ).

I perform a turntable "tune up" from time to time.  That includes oil change and lube, belt check,  as well as VTA adjustment. 

And I have a Lyra Skala waiting for me to up the courage and sobriety to mount it onto a headshell and onto the arm.  That will happen right after the next tune up so I an A / B with the current Fraankencartridge Lyra Clavis Da Capo / Soundsmith "rebuild."  That will require fine tuning of the VTA.