Best CD player under $2000

I have enough cd’s to justify a new or newer one, just not home through the week to invest in streaming. Current player is a Myryad Z-122 nice little unit that has served me well. Using a Jolida FX Glass Tube DAC at the moment.
micthurst
It is common knowledge that the Oppo 105 power supply was by far it's weakest link. You can find them anywhere from $700-$900

I upgraded my 105 with parts from eBaye; a ~ $200 Linear Power Module and the IEC with a Furutech Rhodium with a silver tail that connects to either PS, AND a jumper to bypass the 110/220 switch

Not only improves red book, but all media

hth
I am extremely happy with my Cambridge Audio Azur 851C!
(Cd Player/DAC/Preamp) for $1,499.00.  Great detail, dynamics, and with some additional isolation products like Symposium Acoustics Rollerblock Jr.'s HDSE to go under it, you won't believe your ears!  (Especially if you have very revealing components).
Cary DMC-600.  You should be able to find a used one for right around $2K, although they don't come up for sale very often. If you see a DMC-600SE used for around $2K buy it right away - it has upgraded caps, etc. in the analog path and external clock input.  Awesome CD player with number of tweaks you will not find on other CD players, also includes tube output that you can turn on manually via a dedicated button.  From carydirect.com:
*** The DMC-600 Digital Music Center combines the past with the future and is designed for traditionalists as well as new-age music lovers. Now, one can continue to enjoy their extensive CD collection while exploring the virtues of high resolution and super high resolution Asynchronous USB computer audio. The DMC-600 supports PCM up to 32 bit/ 384 kHz native audio as well as native DSD 64 and 128 audio. Additionally, the DMC-600 includes; CSR aptX® lossless Bluetooth, SPDIF coaxial and Toslink inputs, AES/EBU inputs and both fully balanced XLR and RCA outputs. To further enhance your listening enjoyment, The DMC-600 also includes our TruBit™ Upsampling technology and our DiO™ vacuum tube and solid state analog outputs, as well as many other benchmark features. ***

It has a volume control on both sets of outputs, so it can act as it's own preamp - I tried wiring it directly into my Denon monoblocks and it sounded great (not as good as my Cary SLP-05 :-), but pretty good via XLR output.
Also, it's an excellent DAC, and an awesome way to stream your Bluetooth-sourced music to your system.  If you have a Bluetooth source that supports aptX Lossless (my Samsung Galaxy tablet does) quality is great, not CD or hi-res digital great, but for an evening when you feel lazy it's perfectly OK.  Built like a tank (weighs 35 lb.!) and comes with a great remote.  I love mine and I doubt I'll be looking for another CD player any time soon.  My CD collection is not huge, but it's big enough to justify a good CD player.  Plus, if I really like the album, I will buy it on CD anyway, if it's available.  I guess I am old school like that, but I like to have a hard copy of music I bought in my hand.  Happy hunting!
https://carydirect.com/shop-now/digital-sources/dmc-600.html

A while back I bought a used Cambridge Audio CXC CD transport for my second unit.  Recently, I bought a new Cambridge Audio CXC for my primary unit.  If you have a decent DAC, I recommend this CD transport.  This device does one thing only but does it very well.  It reads CDs. With a decent DAC, this combo will sound great.  Happy hunting.