Are The Klipsch Heritage Series Really Worthy?

I'm thinking of purchasing a pair of La Scala II's. Anybody herd or have a pair that has had state of the art associated equipment and sounded comparable to the best speaker less the bottom octaves? Can't find a dealer who has them set up with qualitiy gear.
renmeister
They are what they are, an easy to drive 3 way horn system. The trade off is frequency response and phase shifts. I love mine (H3s) but they are not in my main system.
They will however add excitement to older recordings and are plenty good but they are not class a material.

Thanx, Russ
I think you would be disappointed with the La Scala, mainly due to the crossover needing updating. I suggest you look and hear the current JBL K2 line. I think they have a much smoother sound.
There are lots of mods you can do to bring the LaScala up to a steller performer. On mine, I've rewired them with all silver wire, replaced the tweeters, replaced the Xovers with ALK crossovers, added adhesive damping sheets to the midrange horn - all of these made a tremendous difference, and I would imagine that it beats the La Scala II. That is - you can do better for less money!