Vandersteen 4

Is there anyone who may know a little about the Vandersteen Model 4? I have searched extensively and have been unable to find anything of assistance. Would they be a step up from Model 3A Signatures?
joshc
My father had VAndy 4s, in fact I am getting ready to sell.They were a very good, neutral sounding speaker.The are very large and require an external crossover. I currently own the 5s, hard to compare b/c systems are totally different.
Thanks for all your responses - I have to admit i was a bit surprised to find it was so difficult to find much info on these speakers..it seems they have become the "lost Vandersteens".. Anyway, I chose to stick with my 3A Sigs, (although I was interested to hear the difference, mainly the bass extension) - however, the speakers didn't have the outboard crossovers (and I haven't got anything that would suit), making any advantage of the 12" subs a mute point. Once again, thanks to all.
I've heard Vinh's (Vtvu) Vandersteen 4s numerous times. Definitely a product to consider for someone in the market for a larger loudspeaker. Factor in the depreciation I've seen on these, and it's truly an incredible bargain.
The 4A is truly an excellent speaker and stands up well today with a good front end. They were a bit fiddly - triwired and biamped with a separate crossover (or two) and some people aren't into anything but plug and play, but they are definitely worth the trouble to set up well.

I run them in my main system with a good vinyl front end.

Think of the Vandie 5 as a better looking simpler to implement update of the 4 with a few more years of thought on Richard's part.
Does anyone know if the drivers are the same on the 4 as on the 5 ?
Sounds like this was their first atempt at the push/pull sub.
I wonder if its the same except requiring a seperate amp unlike the 5's built in ?