Good Stereo Speakers for outside use during BBQs, evening pot luck dinners etc

I want to purchase (preferably used) a pair of good speakers to place in our back yard for get togethers with friends. I would like speakers that resolve well with clean highs and decent bass but nothing on the level of very high end. I will probably be running around 40 ft of speaker wire from a Pass X250.8

I'm just looking to have quality music in the back yard to enjoy with food, drink and non-audiophile friends. Easy set up and take down is desired as I really don't want to schlep my Vandersteen's in and out of the house every time I want music outside. Any suggestions for speakers and wire would be appreciated.

Bruce

brskie
Bruce, are you anywhere near Chicago - looking to find a good home for some Niles OS -20's I don't have a need for since we moved.
Coastal Source 2-way Ellipse Bollards are totally weatherproof and quite good Fi.  But if weather proof isn't an issue, AND if you are somewhat handy, look into the Parts Express Executive BT kit: https://www.parts-express.com/executive-200-watt-portable-bluetooth-speaker-kit--300-7164
I’ve heard just about every outdoor weatherproof speaker on the market. The best enclosed model I’ve seen is the Near LB8, with the LB6 just behind:

http://www.nearspeakers.com/lb8.html

From there, the sub/satellite systems from Near/ Sonance/ Episode/ James/ etc are also very nice, but are more expensive and require more installation effort. 

The LB8’s are fantastic and are in another league above the offerings from Klipsch/ Polk/ etc.  Find a local dealer and ask for a demo. 

Another +1 for Polk Atriums - recommend the 6s or 8s.
The Atrium 4s or 5s mid woofer a bit small for so much space to fill. 
Regardless their rep is they‘ll be around for years and decent sound, slightly “hot” top end
Sonos Play 5; plugged into deck AC receptacle. Connected to WiFi; Roon Endpoint. Surprisingly full and clear sound. Ended my quest to do exactly what you want to do. When done just bring back inside.