Singular Amplification Experience; Review Now Published

Well, at at least the first of 3 segments is published at Dagogo.com 

The Pass Labs XA200.8 Mono Block Amplifier; super-amps exist, and it's shocking, when they throw their weight around, how much they sway a system. 

douglas_schroeder
I was surprised at the comment about the amp stands Doug. I understand the realities of being a reviewer and needing to move these beasts around, but that doesn't mean that you should discount the efficacy of proper supports in a good system. I know that a proper stand made a startling difference in the sound of my tube DAC.
For the benefit of the community, I am not an "anti-isolationist". In my discourse I do not speak to the topic of isolation of analogue front ends, as I do not use analogue source. I presume it would be a very important part of the analogue setup, and were I using vinyl I would aggressively pursue the comparison of various devices and methods to determine their efficacy, as I have with other methods for speakers, components, etc. 

I have done many comparisons of various isolation devices for components, and choose to focus instead on the electronics. My time is better served by building systems than waiting for burn in and placing isolation devices. 

Imo, the principle benefit of footers, spikes, stands, etc. for speakers is the elevation of the speaker, not the materials used. Some industry members would disagree; so be it. That is why I have 2 dozen hard rubber hockey pucks on hand to elevate subwoofers, speakers, etc. BTW, what does Pass Labs use for "isolating" the XA200.8 Mono Amp? A very hard rubber footer that has similarity to a hockey puck. 

As can be seen, I don't fawn over every proffered improvement the industry promotes. Disagree? Great, build systems your own way.  :)

Roxy54, I"ll give you lenience on your comment! ;) 

FYI, my last response was not so much a reply to you, but to the assertion that I am an "anti-isolationist". Do not consider me to have shown disdain toward your comment. 

I would agree that pursuit of a stand for tube amps would be more desirable than SS amp. 

douglas_schroeder OP
For the benefit of the community, I am not an "anti-isolationist". In my discourse I do not speak to the topic of isolation of analogue front ends, as I do not use analogue source. I presume it would be a very important part of the analogue setup, and were I using vinyl I would aggressively pursue the comparison of various devices and methods to determine their efficacy, as I have with other methods for speakers, components, etc.

I have done many comparisons of various isolation devices for components, and choose to focus instead on the electronics. My time is better served by building systems than waiting for burn in and placing isolation devices.

>>>>I hate to judge before all the facts are in but it appears I called that one right after all. 🤗 Yes, I know what you’re thinking, “but SS amps don’t have any moving parts.”

Here's Audiogon in a nutshell.  Nine responses into this thread, and nine comments on the amp stand. Score so far:

amplifier electronics, sound, synergy, etc. etc. 0

ampstand 9