Singular Amplification Experience; Review Now Published

Well, at at least the first of 3 segments is published at Dagogo.com 

The Pass Labs XA200.8 Mono Block Amplifier; super-amps exist, and it's shocking, when they throw their weight around, how much they sway a system. 

douglas_schroeder
Roxy54, I"ll give you lenience on your comment! ;) 

FYI, my last response was not so much a reply to you, but to the assertion that I am an "anti-isolationist". Do not consider me to have shown disdain toward your comment. 

I would agree that pursuit of a stand for tube amps would be more desirable than SS amp. 

douglas_schroeder OP
For the benefit of the community, I am not an "anti-isolationist". In my discourse I do not speak to the topic of isolation of analogue front ends, as I do not use analogue source. I presume it would be a very important part of the analogue setup, and were I using vinyl I would aggressively pursue the comparison of various devices and methods to determine their efficacy, as I have with other methods for speakers, components, etc.

I have done many comparisons of various isolation devices for components, and choose to focus instead on the electronics. My time is better served by building systems than waiting for burn in and placing isolation devices.

>>>>I hate to judge before all the facts are in but it appears I called that one right after all. 🤗 Yes, I know what you’re thinking, “but SS amps don’t have any moving parts.”

Here's Audiogon in a nutshell.  Nine responses into this thread, and nine comments on the amp stand. Score so far:

amplifier electronics, sound, synergy, etc. etc. 0

ampstand 9

twoleftears, not to worry, I think things will even out over time. If people learn to put their hard earned money into the actual electronics that make the sound, that's a good thing. It's a whole lot better than me gushing over some ridiculously expensive amp stands for inconsequential electronics, don't you think? 

david_ten, my room is in the basement, which is ideal for sound isolation from the rest of the house. The flooring, then, is concrete slab with thick pad (At first the carpet company did not wish to put as thick a pad down, but there has never been water in the basement in the 54 years of the home's existence, and I insisted), and thick Berber carpeting wall to wall. 
The sensation I have when listening is that the room does not seem to distract from what the system is doing, a particular preference that I feel was achieved well.