What is turn on/off sequence of amp and pre-amp?

What is the proper turn on/off sequence of source, pre-amp and power amp? One time I got a pop sound from the speaker when I turn on the source first, then power amp and finally pre-amp.
yxlei
How about proper sequence of turning ON and turning OFF tube integrated amp that has STANDBY ?  Just got a brand new amp and it pops when switching between UL and Triode modes on the fly (as designed) and it also pops when turning off integrated amp, even after putting it on standby mode first for a couple of minutes... 

Same question as Phil, I've been using Standby before shutting down and then obviously it's in Standby mode when I power on. Is this necessary? Or maybe even detrimental somehow?
Although my amp doesn't make a pop sound. It does make a thunk noise when going from Standby to Active.

Source(s), preamp, volume down, amp. To turn off, reverse procedure.

I have integrated amp with standby, using above procedure less turning on a separate power amp. The slight thunk or thump you hear is perfectly normal, at least with most integrateds with standby.
i have a mcintosh pre amp and power amp connected together.when i turn the pre amp on the power amp go's on too. is this ok?