Looking for closed back headphone advice

So I haven't purchased headphones in many years. I just recently updated my home stereo and am very happy with what I have. However, I'd like to relax with some headphones and I'd like to ask about some good, quality closed back headphones. My budget is around $700. There's only one audio store in town and they don't carry very much and they tend to have poor customer service. I'd like to purchase from a dealer who has a 30-60 return policy in case I don't like them and need an exchange. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
bluorion
I have used Stax headphones for years, most recently a pair of 009s with a Stax SRM-T1S. I love them, but missed the intimacy and isolation of closed-back phones. I found a used pair of Audeze LCD-XC phones here for around $800. They are not quite as transparent as the Stax phones, but my Benchmark DAC1 improved them. Now, I find myself listening to them more than my Stax setup. Just my two cents.
Thanks for the recommendations---I like the flexibility of the closed backs in case I need to travel with them. So far, I've been looking at Focal, Sony, Shure, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Dan Clark Audio, Denon, Master Dynamic and a few more. I keep seeing great reviews about the Grado RS2E but, of course, they're open back. But maybe I should consider them. Are there any brands I should avoid?? 
With your $700 budget, I would look to Sennheiser, Denon or Beyerdynamic. There's a pair of Beyerdynamic T-1s for sale here now. You decide.
Ok before you choose cans what are you driving them with?If you don't have a good front end your wasting $...If you have a decent front end look at the Planar Magnetic headphones from Audeze,HiFiMan or Mr.Speakers...If you don't have a good amp look at the Sennheisers between $100.00 & $200.00 or the Planar Magnetics,again from Audeze & HiFiMan...Pay attention to sensitivity & impedance rating.That will give you an idea how a certain headphone will sound with your amp..You don't want to run a 600 ohm headphone on an amp with 50 ohm output impedance...
The LCD-XC are really nice. Too nice for traveling IMO. They are really beautiful and it would be a shame to have them get all scratched up. They are also really heavy and would be uncomfortable to travel with. I would take a look at the Sony MDR-Z1R if you can stretch your budget. Or get an inexpensive set of cans for travel and leave the LCD-XC at home. Something like the DROP + FOSTEX T-X0 II when they come out.