Wireworld Eclipse 8 compared to Analysis Plus Solo Crystal

Hello,

I've read many post about the characteristics of these two cables on Audigon, but one question is still unclear.

Would those who have used both say the Solo Crystal is a more detailed sounding cable than the Eclipse 8 or 7? Does one offer better transient response?

I would be switching from a set of Goertz Silver Sapphires, which are reviewed as a very detailed sounding interconnect, though I have never compared them directly to other interconnects.

Thanks, Drew Harty

drewharty
My experience with mi-range WW cables have been they trade upper-end detail and presence for imaging.

I know this sounds condtradictory, but I do feel you get to hear deeper into the soundstage with WW, but at the same time it is warmer if not dulling.  For bright speakers, this can be a godsend.
I will have to pay attention more when listening to my system. It's been my impression that detail and quick transient response contribute to a sense of soundstage depth and width.

I don't think your comment about the WW cable sounds contradictory. My Silver Sapphire sounds detailed but not bright. I've read several comments that the Solo Crystal cable sounds very detailed but warmer than the WW Eclipse cables.

But does the WW Eclipse sound "dull" because it is less detailed than the Solo Crystal?

WW sounded dull compared to Mogami Sound runner, which are basic studio cables.

I did some blind testing with non-audiophiles.  They definitely preferred the Mogami, and preferred the liveliness even though they heard the better soundstage. Me, the "true audiophile" in the room of course (laugh) I was entranced by the imaging.
The WW Eclipse 8 is not dull at all in several system I have tried 
the APlus solo Crystal is duller in comparison .
read several reviews on The order 7 That was more true the 8 is very balanced From my perspective.
I use Cardas clear reflection for interconnects ,
Try the Silversmith Fidelium if you want more detail , balance there is system dependent.