Acoustic Zen Crescendo

I'm pretty interested in these transmission-line, full-range speakers. Has anyone spent serious time with them? How do they compare to other contenders around $16K?

Unfortunately, I'd have to fly to SoCal for an audition, so I'd like to vet them as thoroughly as possible before committing the time and expense. Press has been very positive but also very limited, and user impressions are scarce on the web.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
wrm57
Hi Steve, thanks for the offer to hear the Crescendos in your system. There is a small chance I will be in your area in the next month or so (around the holidays). If so, I will send you a PM to see if we can set something up. Thanks again.
Mcondon, my Crescendo's are in my 15' x 22' family room and sound great. They replaced my PMC EB1i's that were similar sized 3 way transmission line speakers. I love these Crescendo's. I am in Albany, NY if you are ever in the area.
It's funny how perception can vary so greatly amongst different people. I'm familiar with the popular Wilson Sasha and Magico S5, both are very highly regarded. Yet in my opinion neither is nearly as natural, balanced and musically involving as the Crescendo. Subjective? Obviously so, but this speaker seems quite underrated for what it offers.
Charles,
Charles1dad you are so right. Just because something costs more doesn't make it better. I myself have learned the hard way, a Kondo SOUGA amp ($50K) was easily beaten by an Atmasphere S30 (with the right speaker...not the Crescendos) and my Kondo M1000 MKII (95K) was beaten by the SMc VRE-1b pre. Expensive is not always better!

(Dealer disclaimer)