??? Wood Plinths: Layers: 7/2/1 ? Wood Type: Solid or Veneer or Vinyl Wrap wood look ?

I hope we can assemble a thread of answers about the various Wood Plinths we have or definitely know about.

I'm trying to choose a TT for my office: JVC Victor/Denon/Pioneer/Sony/Technics/Marantz .. etc. 

If I go for a Wood Base, it's confusing, both the layered construction of the base, and the actual exterior wood material. Layers: I'm asking about the deck thickness/construction for the spinner (most are thinner at arm location).

JVC Victor Wood Plinths with CL-P_ (CL-P1, 2, 3, 10)

I believe are all Premium 70mm thick 7 layer composite construction with real wood veneer. Mostly these are separate plinths, you add a spinner and a tonearm (or 2: CL-P2 or even 3: CL-P3). What's the difference between CL-P1 and CL-P10???

JVC Turntables (factory assembled and sold as a unit): Some have removable arm boards, some don't, some have multi-layer, others 2 layers, or only 1 layer?

Denon Plinths?

Denon Turntables?

the other brands are primarily factory assembled turntables, who knows about the deck thickness/material?

Please post what you know about your specific models, current or past, or you just know, I think we all would benefit from a lot of answers, I certainly will.

GLUE:  IF Treated Well: some brands/models veneer/wrap glue holds up, others not so well, some veneer/wraps are thick, some thin, hold up, or don't. Knowledge, comments, known problematic models/

A free for all will result I hope

regards, Elliott

elliottbnewcombjr
I would never have a TT without a dust cover. I had a Thorens TD 124 without one, but it was at eye level in a tall cabinet, pocket doors closed when not in use.

I prefer to play with them OFF, however, hinged covers, first I check to see if it effects level when left up. If not (Audio Technica 120 cover up maintains level), then I just left it up when playing.

I put felt pads on one end of my big plinth cover, lift it off, place it on it's edge, leaning upright out of sight, out of the way
lewm
Why the heck do you want a cover in the first place? It’s useless except if you want to degrade sound quality ...
Isn't it obvious? A dustcover keeps the dust off of the turntable. Most can easily be removed.
This remark will get Mijostyn interested in your thread ...
Mijostyn isn't going to be around for a while.
Bill, I own a TT101, complete with the Victor plinth, dust cover, and a UA7045 tonearm. So I am well aware of the quality of the construction of the dust cover.  And using it to protect from dust when the turntable is idle is perfectly valid.  What I don't do is use the dust cover when I am using the TT101.  (In other words, cover down while playing LPs.) That is the crux of an audiophile argument.  Truth be told, my dust cover sits on the floor at some distance from the TT101 and is never used at all.  Also, there was some discussion of the armboard.  I don't know what wood it's made of; it could be MDF or it could be a laminate.  In any case, I and a machinist friend made substitute arm boards out of aluminum, for more rigidity and less MDF coloration.  I hear a SQ gain from doing that.
Cleeds, I hope Mijostyn is in good health, whatever would be the reason for his failing to assert himself here.
I have 8 turntables now and only one of them with dust cover for one reason (because i don't use this turntable).