WOULD IT BE DUMB TO BUY A MARK LEVINSON NO 23.5

This amp is probably 30 years old. There is one I can grab for 2500 bucks. Good buy? Too old? What do you goners think? 
jeffvegas
I read your post and that made me post mine because we both have the same exact problem lol
I will add one thing for you since we have a close system as well, I had the 380S and upgraded to the 32, its a big step in price but I will never sell my 32 it is the best non tube pre amp PERIOD, if you ever replace the 380 for the 32 I promise you will hear the difference immediately its like a window was opened, I apologize if I gave you the upgrade bug, believe me I have no regret, like many others I can't afford a new system and even at $9800 it was the biggest audio purchase I ever made, no regrets. 
Thanks, I will have to take a look but honestly it isn't just about the sound with me, it is also the design aesthetic of this era of Levinson.  And I also like having two of the "S" version components in my system.
Miss my 23.5. Casuality of the pandemic. Needed to sell for money. Looks like a No 335 is on my radar now. They are not cheap but either was the 23.5 I bought.  Will this amp have the vibrant clarity and bass slam that the 23.5 has? Do they sound similar? What differences have you Levinson groupies heard between 3 series Levinson and the 23.5? I know the 3 series had cap problems but most out there have been fixed. 
Back from Technetron listening to my system now with a big fat smile on my face. They did an outstanding job, the facility is not large its NYC space, the rooms were narrow, I was worried about scratches and dents but I found nothing they were very careful. They gave me a detail receipt with all parts and labor listed. Overall I received a bag with all the old parts including Resistors, Capacitors and Transistors. It says 14 hours of labor. They adjusted regulator bias, adjusted output and DC voltage and cleaned controls I have 90 days warrenty. I will go back to Technetron for future repairs they had high end equipment over there. In my opinion this is the best way to enjoy high end equipment, buy used at a great price and find a good repair shop. The parts they used are top of the line, all capacitors 105 degree Nichicon. The only negative comment I have is they did not accept credit cards, I could have gotten 2% cash-back lol, no big deal. As stated the amplifier should be good for another 14-15 years. I purchased a second used 23.5 for a low price in mint cosmetic condition it needs repair, going to save up some money and fix the second amp. I am still planning one day on buying the 33H going to save up and find the right pair at a good price that will be my dream system been planning this for many many years.
@jeffvegas,

key point is comment by @testpilot, and agree. nothing wrong with the amp, but they are known for running hot and being hard on caps. so maybe first question you need to ask is can you recap it yourself? If so then by all means jump in with both feet. If those skill sets are not yet developed then figure in the cost of getting it done at some point into your purchase price.

best