Magnepan, Ohm, Spatial or ??

I've heard the mag 1.7s and like the "openness" and other attributes.  However, the size and placement requirements are a killer for me.   I'm thinking Ohm and Spatial would be somewhat similar.  However, I can't demo them.  Any thoughts on these compared to the mags and any other "open" speakers I should consider?

Thanks all as usual!!

soundchasr
With your budget, you could consider something like my own setup, which is a pair of Ohms augmented with a pair of subs.  I am a bit of a bass freak, and my Vandy subs will bust your budget unless you find them used, but a combo of the Ohm 1000s with a pair of subs would be my choice.  I am beyond thrilled with my Ohm 2000s after 10 years, and I have no desire to change speakers.
@soundchasr .. I listen to Jazz and Rock predominantly and at reasonable levels in my typically appointed 13’ x 18’ living room. The room has large archways on 2 walls.

I suspect a pair of Ohm speakers would be perfect for your room, they just don’t sound like Maggie’s, which are polar opposites in their presentation. Ohm’s are easier to place, very room friendly, have a very wide sweet spot, and a nice tonal balance. The MicroWalsh Talls benefit from a subwoofer or 2. The Maggies have better detail, image specificity, a smaller sweet spot, and also benefit from a sub. Both are wonderful speakers and is why I keep them. (I like variety and have enough storage space.) I’m using my MMG’s (with sub) now in fact, with a Marantz class d integrated. Sounds wonderful.
Not sure I agree about Maggies having better detail or image specificity.  

I will say that Maggies and Ohms both have unique presentations.

Also that Ohms especially will deliver what you give them and respond to upgrades upstream and tweaks.  No two setups are likely to sound the same.

Maggies excel at inner detail of smaller ensemble acoustic recordings.

Ohms get the edge for overall delivery of all kinds of music.  If you listen to pop/rock or large scale dynamic productions you want the Ohms in order to deliver the excitement.  They can also do delicate beauty though that is probably Magnepan's powerhouse.

Another huge difference is placement of Maggies needed to perform versus Ohm.   

I ditched the Maggies after many years in favor of Ohm specifically due to placement issues and lack of excitement with many things I listen too.
Post removed