GE Triton 2+ or Focal Aria 936?

Looking to upgrade my speakers.  Considering GoldenEar Triton 2+ or Focal Aria 936.  I have Rotel gear... RC-1570 preamp and RB-1552 mk2 amp.

My system is used for music and movies.  Do not have room for a sub.  So, leaning towards the Triton 2+, I think.

Opinions?
128x128tgstaples
I bought a pair of Triton 2+ speakers about two years ago. I've since sold them because I decided to move my audio system to a much bigger room, and I wanted to upgrade. 

I haven't heard the Aria 936, but I did audition the Kanta No 2 when I was shopping for the Triton 2+. I liked the Focals but thought the Triton's delivered more performance for the money. In both cases, the dealers offered me about 20% off retail. The Focals were a little thin in the bass for my taste although the top end was more detailed than the Tritons. 

I lived with the Tritons for 15 months of so before selling them. For the price, I thought they were a very nice speaker. I had them in a 13'x14' room - about 3' from the front wall and about 8' apart. Being able to adjust the bass level made if easy to dial in a good balance without overwhelming the room. I did have tube traps in the front corners which help reduce the room modes. 

Overall, I thought the Tritons imaged very well and had excellent bass performance. The SQ got somewhat weaker as you moved up the frequency range. It wasn't bad, but they lacked the clarity, smoothness, and sparkle of the best speakers I've owned. 

If the Aria 936 is anything like the Kanta No2, I'd say the Triton 2+ would be a much better choice for home theater, particularly if you like action movies. The Focals were great with jazz and vocals, but lacked the punch that the Tritons had. 
I listened to both at dealer in same system and much preferred the 936 for music. Electronics may have been Rotel. Can’t remember for sure.

i expected going in to like the GE better based on reviews but really did not think they sounded very good. 
The 936’s on the other hand, were some of best I heard under $5k. If that were my budget, I’d probably have gotten them
Thanks for the feedback all!  Went to a local stereo shop, they had some Focal and GoldenEar floor standers.  Did not have the exact models I was look for but gave me a taste of what they sound like (I guess).  In the end, the Focal tweeter seemed a bit edgy to me and the GoldenEar was okay but not great.
@tgstaples

What electronics were used to power/demo each of the speakers?

Did they have them connected with a decent preamp/amp, good interconnects, decent speakers cables -or- a low grade speaker switcher and limited electronics - sometimes the case. I’ve heard good speakers sound lousy in an audio store and bring them home and they sound like different speakers all together.
@decooney Thanks for the feedback!  They used Rotel preamp and amp.  Similar to what I have at home.  Not exactly sure what cables were used.  The switcher was the one built-in to the Rotel preamp.