The very best sound: Direct to Disc

Since I got a new cartridge (Clear Audio Virtuoso) i’ve rediscovered the Sheffield and RR Direct Disc albums in my collection.  
Wow! they put everything else to shame.  I picked up about twenty Sheffield D2D’s when Tower Records went out of business for a song (no pun intended.) I’m just now listening to them and find there’s nothing that sonically compares.  They’re just more real sounding than anything else.  Not spectacular but realistic.   
128x128rvpiano
Dear @rvpiano and friends: One D2D that we need to own comes by Ortofon that as we all know marketed the first commercial LOMC cartridge and Ortofon was too cutter heads manufacturer.

Several years ago I bougth around 25 test record ( Shure, CBS, Stereo Review, HI-Fi Sound, Micro-Acoustic, Vanguard, EMI, Denon, Telarc, Audio Technica and the like. ) and one of them was the pick-up test record by Ortofon that when I bought it I was not aware is a D2D LP recording and when I used the very first time that was really nice surprise because not only for its very special recorded tests but because in one LP side comes with classical MUSIC demostration/tests tracks with the Tivoli Symphony Orchestra and recorded inside the Tivoli Hall at Copenhagen Tivoli Gardens.

The recording is up there with the best D2D to enjoy that quality sound level on the recorded MUSIC an additional a very good test LP. Recomended.

Some of you already own The Power and the Majesty MoFi LP? if yes please give a listen and share your opinion about especially with the Thunderstorm track compared with the quality sound ofwell recorded D2D LPs and if you don’t owned yet then it’s good time to do it.

Now that I speak about dedicated test records I think that the well recorded and top D2D recordings are really " dedicated " room/system test records with an exceptional quality sound.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
I must have made an error as to the RR recordings, the early recordings were so dynamic and real sounding that I forgot they were from tape.
I also have great M&Ks (a dozen of them), Opus 3 recordings, Nautilus and Pierre Verany LPs. I would like to obtain the Mamba Percussions as my Verany discs are of baroque music and not as interesting.
I had purchased a number of Sheffield discs when they were released. Specific to this conversation I purchased two of each of the Amanda McBroom albums.  At that moment in time these two records were used relentlessly at stores to audition equipment. How many times did the staff have to hear Amanda?  I confess  my wife and I brought West of Oz into stores and auditioned, then bought, speakers based on her voice alone. Jump ahead a couple of decades and the same reaction was had at stores when Jennifer Warnes' Ballad of the Runaway Horse" was requested. I was a witness for that as well.

On more than one occasion I have offered my still-sealed second copies of the Sheffield McBroom albums for sale on-line. I have never received one response, let alone an offer. I have tried to sell them to record stores, but the re-seller business calculus prohibits any reasonable offers from the proprietors (it's not their fault, it's just the way it is).   So the second copies have sat, sealed, on the shelf for about 40 years. 
We sold Sheffield Labs in the 70's.   The Tower of Power direct to disc was great.  Wasn't Esther Satterfield on one?
Dear @rvpiano and friends: I wasn't aware that this 45ropm LP is D2D and I'm referring to the Toshiba/EMI Jun Fukamachi at Steinway ( Nocturne Chopin . ) recorded in 1976. At the front LP jacket is the picture of the face of a black cat.

Very good indeed.

In the information page inside the jacket we can read this:

"" a cartridge is required which can handle a much higher dynamic range.....sometimes it migth not be able to track correctly the grooves which has been recorded at such high level. Distortions, vibration, or, in some cases skipping of the stylus migth occur....... """""

Yes, they are totally rigth: the self tracking cartridge abilities is very important and makes a paramount differences in the quality sound when we are talking of these kind of LP D2D recordings.
Several times at micro levels the stylus tip is skipping and we not even be aware of. So the cartridge is the  must important link in the room/system to achieve and honor the very high quality sound levels that many of the D2D recordings have ( obviously along a good tonearm match. ).

Cartridges with high tracking abilities is the name of the game here and with well recorded digital LP's.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.