How much will you pay for an exotic cartridge....

I noticed on another forum that there is an interesting point brought up by a US distributor/dealer about his perception that one of his potential customers bought a top end cartridge ( that he reps) from an off-shore dealer/source...and how he intends to try and stop the practice of ’grey market’ sales. ( At least for the lines that he carries).
This gent seems to believe that because he signed some paperwork somewhere that may ( or may not) give him exclusive rights to distribute the gear in the US, that he has the right to try and prevent anyone abroad from selling to US customers! To that, he wants to have the manufacturer try and enforce his right to do the above. Now, one could ask, what’s the issue with this, right? And here’s the rub, the dear distributor is adding over $8K to this product for the simple task of ordering and having shipped a cartridge from Japan ( Yes, i know the shipping of such a large and heavy item is expensive...and the dealer has to stand by the product...whatever that means when we are talking of a cartridge!) The profit motive is high here, and the opportunity to fleece some of the US consumers is also...so i get that, but to come on an open forum and complain about the practice that one of his potential customers did such a thing....is an interesting marketing tactic, IMO.
So, my question is this..how much will you pay for that exotic cartridge to insure that you are buying it from a "legit" US rep, and not from a grey market...or in this case out of area dealer....what’s fair to you...a few $$s- or the sky’s the limit??
128x128daveyf
@daveyf 
charlatan lawyers -

there are a lot of unregulated people who cal themselves legal experts that give advice. Members of the public think they are getting a solicitor which would afford standards and protection. Instead they get idiots who ball things up - rip off people and provide a poor service - sadly - in the short term people are happy with cheap fees - until something gpes wrong...
you can't regulate people. The only way is to educate people.
For educated person charlatan lawyers don't make sense. 
In audio there is no known standards so education is tricky - for example I know 3 persons capable to calculate and to wind output transformer properly. But these proper results are different. So at the very end it's not standard - it's subjective experience or taste.
Probably 2K
but it depends
Corona infected country: cartridge for free + 1k from the distributor cash