Power strip question

Ok, so this may seem off the wall.  I am a professional guitar player and my best friend and roommate is a hardcore audiophile.  Long story short I used one of his power cords to plug my Marshall into the power and noticed an immediate change in the sound of the amp.  To my somewhat horror I realized that I am going to have to do a serious upgrade in power cords, patch cord connectors, etc which I've done largely by using Mogami cords for my effects and guitar which are a substantial upgrade that will do for now.  I purchased my roommates used power cords when he upgraded his for his sound system.  

I need to get a power strip or multi-plug station that plugs into a traditional electrical outlet.  While gigging I have to use what electrical is available.  Since I am an extreme neophyte I don't even know where to begin so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
R
bukirob
Tripp lite 2400, will work very good for you. It is 2-300.00 dollar range.
They have 2 or 3 different types of outlets, They maintain 120, and clean
above 20khz and 40khz.

They are a bit noisy, for the average stereo guy, but easy to quiet right down. I used a 6.00 usd tube of silicone, and got rid of 80%. A VERY light hum now.. I have a few, never had a problem, that the silicone treatment didn’t cure. WELL BUILT..

A few of my buddies play, more than a couple use this unit.. All Fender, Marshall, Champion, and run what you brung, guys..

10 outlets or so, rack mount, and 6 ft. PC.

Most found their equipment much more stable, with a voltage maintainer, and cleaner. Repairs almost stopped.

The protection and SQ was stable, that's what you're looking for, ay?

Regards