Phono Cartridge for $1,000.

Currently have Clearaudio Virtuoso MM cartridge . Wanting to go to MC. Found a Hana ML and a Sumiko Blackbird on sale for $1000. I am using a Musical Fidelity M6 phonostage so it will handle all. Is it worth it to change? If so, which one? I live in the sticks in Alabama so listening is almost impossible. 
jsal3689
FWIW, I think the virtuoso is a great cartridge. Currently I switch between that, a "Heed (actually a benz), & a clearaudio concept MC. All have their merits. The Virtuoso is the best overall with the concept MC being the fastest, & the Heed having the most "liquid" midrange. Will probably be trying the ART 9 or clearaudio essence next. 
If I'm not mistaken, the Clearaudio cartridges are made by Audio Technica. Whether or not the Clearaudio cartridges are better than the AT, I don't know.
Hana is made by Excel Sound
ClearAudio MM motor is Audio-Technica

Go for Audio-Technica ART-9 LOMC via official distributor only if you want something better than your Clear Audio with the ability to service your Audio-Technica cartridge at the manufacturer in Japan (not by some third party vendor). When the needle is worn you can send your AT back to get new one for special price (instead of retipping).

Instead of those new cartridges you can always look for a NOS Dynavector KARAT 23RS with Ruby cantilever and MicroReach diamond and it will be amazing cartridge for about $600-800 max.
The Hana SL is fantastic and a definite step up from the Virtuoso.  I haven't heard the ML yet, but would expect it to be better.  If you can stretch your budget a little, The Kiseki Blue is even better than the Hana SL or the Virtuoso (which I also own).

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa2ij8-kiseki-blue-n-s-brand-new-cartridges

I bought my Kiseki Blue from Kron, excellent transaction.