TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Cio09: I beleive Paradles is very well aware of this. As he is a seasoned audiophile. In researching one of his threads he had recommended a fellow member to wait for the 100 hour break in in a pair of speakers he likes. It is not for me after 50 hrs may really mean something else completely. Something been in the fridge to long with the power down. Yeah it's a real stinker alright. We'll eventually fish this one out!
Pardales-

How many hours do you have on it?
I mean no disprespect as everyone has different tastes, but the break in is a big deal on these things for various reasons-not the least is some of the new propreitary wire used in the mod which takes a very long time to settle in.
But, you may have already put 400-500 hours on it and it just doesn't work for you.
Pardales - How much do you want for the TRL SA-14 v.2? I'm being serious. Sometimes,like you say, equipment is not someone's "cup of tea."
I already sold the unit. The last point I listened to it was at the 100 hour mark. Just to reiterate, it is not at all hard for me to see what people like about this player....TRL is doing great work and Paul and Co. are fine people to deal with, it was just not for me.
Sbayne,

Dang! Why didn't I think of asking Pardales that question? You snooze you lose.