TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Has anyone here heard or owned a stock sony xa777es? and if so how would they compare the sound to the modded sa 14?
Once I get my TRL SA-14 I will be able to tell you as I owned the XA777 for some time. It will probably be a few weeks though as TRL just got my unit on Friday.
Baranyi and Pardales-

Agreed. The champagne is really sweet looking and that color is a classic Marantz look.
Well I tracked down a Marantz Sa-14 version one in black. I am buying it from a dealer who personally has owned it since new with only 50 hours on it. Even though I would have paid more for the champagne version, this seems to good to pass up at $1200. Even better I can take a short drive and pick it up today. I do know of another version one in Chicago if anyone is looking
Is everyone still thrilled with this player? I am about to put down the scratch on the SA-14 today. Just a little encouragement to push me off the ledge would be appreciated. Bob