TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
To all TRL users with a vinyl setup, could you also share the impression about the sonic differences between your TRL and vinyl rigs? Thanks.
What differences? Seriously, I can barely tell these days without straining my ears, both with vinyl on my SOTA Nova (Kuzma Stogi, Benz M2) and my Revox B77 (reels). The digital still comes across with less ambience, but perhaps a tad more detail depending on the recording. However, the playing field has been significantly leveled. The digital has a more organic sound to it than I ever thought digital could achieve. I suspect though the results might depend on what TRL modded components you're comparing to the vinyl rig. Mine are:

TRL Alesis ML9600
Audio Mirror D1 DAC (soon to be TRL modded)
I'm past 60 hours (on the cdp only, not on the system overall) and the sound is still bright / midrange is thin.
Jay-

Can't say for sure about the various break in times, but if you used it on all of your components/IC's/speaker cables/power cords then there might be some link that is behind the others. The three day mark seemed to settle everything in for me.
I have had a positive experience, but as with any tweak or treatment, YMMV.
Keep us posted.
Jes45, what do you think of the ST-225 compared to the GT-200's? I am still in the market for an amp.

Thanks in advance

Steve