TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Reb1208-

My friend here on AG (tmoore) also placed himself on the order for a TRL SA11.
He discussed this at length with Paul after he could not find an SA14 the last few weeks.
I am sure that you have also talked extensively with Paul, and he feels that these units should turn out beautifully also.
Will be interesting to see what people think, and what TRL thinks when they hear both the SA14 and SA11 side by side.
They are doing enough SA14's that they should have one in the shop to compare when they get yours in for modding.
If it has a similar signature and sound to the SA14, I think you will find the issues that Jack describes as addressed very well. I am very happy with my SA14 in my setup as it breaks in.
Regards-
Figures, the SA-11's become available after I buy a used SA-14 ... must be my luck.

Reb1208: Please share your first impressions when you get the unit. I'm very interested in knowing how they compare.

I might have to make the 150 mile journey to hear it while it's in the shop ...

Lkdog: Heard you may spend a little time with the ST-225. Keep us informed.

La45: Hey Cuz, any luck with the anti-static material source?

Jack
jes45, you've heard the TRL Esoteric DV50S at tube research and the SA14. Now tell me honestly, is it Esoteric or Marantz?
Thanks
deb
Jes45-

Well, I guess TRL did some kind of demo of the new SS integrated ST-225 with an audio group (Staephan Harrell's of 6 Moons?) other reviewers, and people from LA and Las Vegas.
I haven't heard how it went.

Yes, I will have one available to audition as my best friend is going to try it with his Soundlabs.

Should be interesting.
Jack,
The player actually arrived a day before. I went to FedEX to pick it up. The box is a bit wrinkled. Upon opening the package, I first saw that Paul is very nice to included quite a few goodies such as SA/CDs and other stuff. Since I had a evening meeting to attend, I stopped at that time and shoot a quick email to Paul to confirm the arrival of the pakcage and thanked him for all goodies included. One thing missing is the Silver PC I also ordered. After coming back later, it took me a few minutes to unwrapped the nicely pakcaged player. It is heavier than I expect with a nice Gold color, then I saw the horrible sight. Facing the player, half of the left side edge is concaved in. My heart sank! Why did this happen to me! I called FedEX around 12am to establish a claim number. Hopefully, I can get FedEX to come inspecting the package before my 3-week leave on Friday. I was upset and it was late, therefore I just repackaged the player to put it back to the box.

In short, the whole burn-in schedule for my TRL9500 is shut. I really hate that when the carrier damaged my items.

Sorry guys, the feedback about the pleasure of enjoying the TRL sound will be postponed! :(

-Howard