McIntosh c2700 users please chime in?

1. Is there a big difference (besides the upgradable DAC module)?

2. How much discount (5, 10, 15%) should one expect to get if asked?

I may be looking to sell my BHK pre and then pay the difference for the C2700. Nothing wrong with the BHK. I also like the idea of tone controls. Plus, its hard not to like the blue meters :)
aberyclark
@sanctus555where I live, dealers won’t budge.  There isn’t a Magnolia dealer in my area that carries McIntosh.  It’s all home theater receivers and multichannel. I personally would not buy such an expensive piece at Best Buy. They couldn’t get a 2K Dell laptop fixed properly so I doubt they would fix McIntosh properly.  I deal with AC, they have been good to me and I am a repeat customer.  Happy you got good deals. 
Magnolia wouldn’t be fixing the McIntosh.   It would be covered under warranty so a McIntosh Authorized repair facility would be fixing it.
How is the phono section of the C2700? I’ll probably keep my current ELAC ppa-2 phono pre
@ stereo5, not much off. Probably same as anyone else. I feel that the sound is as good as I’m going to get for what I have. 2 years ago  I remember shaking my head at a McIntosh dealer thinking a waste of money, Three weeks ago at a different stereo shop, told me to take the 2700 home for a try. And I had a hard time picking a day to bring it back. I know there’s a lot of other nice brands out there like audio research and luxman but I’m not gonna spend that much money. I still wanna save up for a nice tube amp, possibly the 2301. 
I just went back To my favorite stereo shop today and checked out the McIntosh MC462 power amp they just brought in. It was hooked up to the C2700 preamp. WOW! I’m a liking it.