Best DAC for around $2,500 or less

What are your opinions on the best DAC for under $2,500?  Looking at the Schiit Yggy or many of recommend Denafrips so looking at their Pontus.  Any thoughts on how these two compare?  It might be misguided by I tend to think your getting a little more for your money with a direct to consumer company like Schiit and I know they are highly regarded for their DACS.  Anything else to look at in this price range? 
mvrooman1526
Under 1k.  Find a used Oppo Sonica.  Measures well, has a big power supply, and uses top end chips.  

I had a Yggy upgraded to Analog 2 with the USB Gen5 and also had the W4S DAC2DSDSE upgraded to 2v2 and vastly prefered the W4S.  A W4S trade in can be had for $ 2000.  I think it is a steal. 
I now have a Terminator and it way outperforms both.  I am intrigued by the tubadour-iii-non-oversampling-tube-dac but I have found you cant get a $ 5000 DAC for $2500 unless it is used.
Unless the Oppo Sonica is better than the 205 which I own, the RME ADI-2 fs is superior. It’s not just a different sound, but cleaner, smother, bottom end more extended and controlled... better all around. I have not heard the Sonica so it might be better than the UDP 205, but if the same there’s better for the money.
These previously mention DACs have multiple favorable reviews:
Mytek Brooklyn DAC
Benchmark DAC3
Schiit Yqqdrasil

Also good reviews:
HoloAudio Spring DAV Level 3 "Kitsune Tuned Edition"
ifi Audio Pro iDSD DAC

If you can spend up to $3k:
PrimaLuna EVO 100 Tube DAC

I'm not confident you can find a Denafrips Terminator used for $2.5k, but if you do get one it's also worth purchasing the dsp upgrade card ~$220usd at  https://www.vinshineaudio.com/shop

Yes, you can also shop used - that's where I purchased my Denafrips Terminator. But because audio digital technology is growing/changing rapidly, the newer digital components commonly outperforms the older tech stuff - building on what was learned before.
Another component purchasing strategy is to continue to buy used/try/sell until you find a DAC you like.  This will take time, effort, a little $ (shipping costs, tax..), but may lead you to audio nirvana.