TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45

I am in complete agreement about one thing and its not about the sa-11 vs the sa-14 or is the sa-14 better in balance mode or not, its the freeken fact that I also find myself getting less sleep. I have never had a digital front end deny me sleep before. Add to this there is no "on/off" on the Sony so it just sits there and stares back at me like a sweet puppy dog.
Sorry men - didn't mean to cause undue stress. :-)
Lkdog - Hang in there. I think you will find the wait to be well worth it. So smooth and non fatiguing, (in my system) Just a pleasure! You'll see.
Jes45 - I must say - i don't think you would be disappointed with an Sa-14. But, i do understand the desire to have the latest and greatest. :-) I would have bought an SA-11, and sent that to TRL too. But funds said otherwise. I guess it all worked out though, since i do love the way this thing sounds.

All - Yes - I too am sleeping less these days. I've often found myself drifting off to the sounds of J.T. or Holly Cole. Things could be worse, ya know. :-)

Be patient men! Good things come to those who wait. :-)

Paul
Paul plans to be done with my SA14 in the next couple of days.... can't wait!
Oldpet: Thanks for your kind words. I'm not unhappy with my TRL/Sony players; I just made the mistake of hearing my friends TRL/SA-14 and all I can do is think about how much better it is. (Once again, I'm losing sleep with my TRL/Sony, so it's not that I'm unhappy). The TRL SA-14 is pretty special, as you can attest.

Jsala: You are in for a treat.

I suppose I'll keep waiting on Marantz USA for the 11. Anticipation ... anticipation (sing along everybody!).

Jack
Jes45(Jack),

Who did you order your SA-11 from? I ordered mine through American Theater Systems. They're supposed to get the new shipment in tomorrow or Monday. I should have it by early to mid next week. Can't wait. I'm going to let mine break in at least 500 hours before I even think about modding it. Who knows? I may like it so much I'll never consider modding it.