Best DAC for around $2,500 or less

What are your opinions on the best DAC for under $2,500?  Looking at the Schiit Yggy or many of recommend Denafrips so looking at their Pontus.  Any thoughts on how these two compare?  It might be misguided by I tend to think your getting a little more for your money with a direct to consumer company like Schiit and I know they are highly regarded for their DACS.  Anything else to look at in this price range? 
mvrooman1526
I suggest the Ayre CODEX DAC.  The CODEX DAC has many design features not commonly found in a DAC that retails for $1,795.  One is a pure analog, linear power supply instead of the more commonly found switching power supply.  

The CODEX DAC has "A fully-balanced signal path throughout the analog circuitry provides an inherently clean and quiet backdrop for your music. The zero-feedback design maintains all of the pace and rhythm of your favorite artist, rendering your digital music as effortlessly as if it were live”.   Please see this link:

https://www.ayre.com/products/digital/codex/
You might be able to snag a used Lampizator Amber 3 in your price range. Otherwise, the Audio Mirror Tubadour is an excellent suggestion. I had them both, and they are very close in performance.
Buy used.  I bought a BelCantoDAC 3.5 with its VBS1 (virtual battery) for $1500 on Audiogon.  This DAC is extraordinary, beautifully clear, never bright or digital sounding.  Highly recommended.  The amp it works with is a Threshold A21.