TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
The Sony 2000es is getting better and better. I admit that its a painful process to hear the system deteriote so much in the last 9 hours only to return full force tonight.

The entire system is awesomely good now! The vocals have so much character its as if I am meeting these people through their voices. I have not felt this connected to what I am listening to since my vinyl days. This is impressive stuff.
How about the Marantz 8260? Has anybody heard a TRL mod of that player? I hear the 8260 is a great value, but I wonder if it would mod as well as the SA14.
La45
How many hours are on your machine at this point? At over 200 hrs.,mine too, is really a beautiful thing to behold.
84audio-

There has not been an 8260 sent in to TRL yet, but it certainly might hold promise simply based upon the same DACs, and the general Marantz design concept as similar to the SA14.
It was a Class A unit in S-fool FWIW.

My hunch is it might be quite good.
Oldpet-

Well, I found a nice deal on a SA14v1 myself and it is on it's way next week to TRL.
Keep us posted.